MPI Student Council is a student representative organisation of members of various faculties and backgrounds - all members are committed to being students voices and functioning as a bridge between students and institute's management. Among the many functions of the Student Council, the most important ones include enhancing student life on campus and creating opportunities and meaningful experiences for every student studying at MPI. We provide various opportunities in event organisations, promote positive learning, and ensure a comfortable learning environment for all students. We strive to provide guidance and support to all students in any way we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to approach us.
2019 Committee Members & Advisors
Make your time at MPI the best and the most memorable years of your student life
- Be the VOICE for MPI students
- Be the BRIDGE between MPI management and students
- Be the AGENT in planning and implementing programmes that enhance the quality of college life
Club Fair, Orientation Camp, Open Day, Pilley Heritage Run, MPI Night etc.
- Apple Stars
- Accounting Recreational Club (ARC)
- Badminton Club
- Basketball Club
- Computer Science Club (CS)
- English Club
- Health And Fitness Club
- Esperance Club
- Leo Club
- Music Club
- Pilley Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Tchoukball Club
- Worship Committee
What Is Counselling?
Students seeking help of counselling are often mistaken for being problematic, and many are simply too shy to see a counsellor. They do not understand the nature of counselling is actually a unique, one-to-one relationship between counsellor and student who agree to meet privately and regularly for a period of time with the aim of restoring emotional well-being to the student. It also allows the counsellors to provide them with genuine support and positive guidance. In other words, it allows students to open up and be themselves and to say what they truly feel in confidence without fear of judgment and criticism.
One can experience life growth and receive psychological treatment through counselling.
All information shared in the counselling room is strictly confidential, therefore one can talk about his/ her problems in a safe and reliable environment.
Types of counselling services
|Talk to the parents||
Our qualified counsellors:
|Mdm. Wong Siew Hiung
|Mr. Kevin Wong Kiung Kion
Hii King Tiang Library
Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding ~ Proverbs 4:7
Since 2003, our library provides vital support for students and staff complementing their academic activities. We are located on the 2nd floor of Hii Kah Tung building (aka Admin Block), the library occupies an area of 461 sq. m. and it has a seating capacity of 165. Apart from the open space, we also house 3 discussion rooms and a computer area with high speed WiFi in our library.
|· Accounting||· Finance|
|· Biography||· Social Politics|
|· Business||· Marketing|
|· Computer Information Technology||· Mathematics|
|· Economics||· Management|
|· Education||· Statistics|
|· Law||· And others|
|· Fiction & Non Fiction|
We also extend our service to the general public, if you are keen to become a member, please come and see our friendly librarians, or call us at +60 84 322268 they are always ready to help.
Public membership requires:
- Refundable deposit of RM300
- Non refundable yearly membership of RM200
- 1 passport-size photo
- 1 photocopied IC
|Monday – Friday||08:00 – 21:30|
|Saturday||08:00 – 12:00|
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
MPI is the oldest higher learning institution in Sibu. We sit on a 6-acre land that provides a pleasant and convenient environment for our students. Amidst expansion, the current campus is fully equipped with academic, hostel, cafeteria, sports facilities and 24-hour WiFi coverage.
|A. Block A|
|B. Block C|
|C. Block B|
|D. Basketball Court|
|E. Wei Kuok Hall|
|F. Car Park|
|G. Academic Block|
|H. Block D|
We prepare accommodation and other services at minimal costs for the benefit and convenience for outstation students. Priority is given to new students, Year 2 and Year 3 students will only be considered when there is availability of rooms.
Type of Room
|Room Type||Without Air-cond. (RM)||Air-cond. (RM)|
|Twin Room||170 per month||250 per month|
|Quad Room||160 per month||240 per month|
- Only students registerd in any MPI programme may apply for the hostel accommodation.
- A deposit of RM200 is to be paid before moving into the hostel.
- Evening meal is estimated at RM80 per month (Monday to Thursday only, except public holidays)
- Hostel fee and meal charges are to be paid on a semester basis.
Each room is furnished with the following:
- Single bed with mattress (students are to bring their own blankets, bed sheets and pillow cases)
- Study table with chait
- Ceiling fan (for quad-sharing rooms only)
- Air-conditioning unit (optional with extra charges)
Shared facilities include:
- Access card reader for hostel entrance
- Pantry area equipped with dining table, chairs, refrigertator, water dispenser and ceiling fan
- 24-hour security CCTV monitoring
- Wireless internet access
- Washing machine (with charges)