PROCEDURE OF GRADUATION CEREMONY
Important Reminders to all Graduands
- Graduation Application Form
Confirm your attendance by completing the Graduation Application Form, together with your payment. Click here to download the Form. You may email the completed form together with the payment to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Collection of graduation attire is open between 28-30 Aug 2018 (Tues to Thurs).
- MoE Graduate Tracer Study
You must complete the online survey at http://graduan.moe.gov.my/v/ required by the Ministry of Education (MoE) which will be open from 21 Aug 2018. Please click here for simple guideline. You must show the proof of completion eg. screenshot or printout before collection of graduation attire.
- Invitation Card
You will be given an invitation card.
- Entrance Ticket
If you wish to invite guests to the graduation ceremony, you must indicate the number of guests in the application form. Entrance tickets will be issued to you accordingly. Children below 12 years old are not allowed for entry.
Each entrance ticket is for one person only. Therefore, please make sure that the tickets are distributed to your guests beforehand because they have to present the entrance tickets before entering the Hall and keep the tickets at all time during the ceremony.
- MPI Night Ticket
You are entitled to a MPI Night Dinner Ticket. Please collect the ticket from Student Operations Office. Ex-MPI students or family members of graduands can attend the function by paying RM 50 per ticket per person. Please note that MPI Night Dinner is only for MPI Staff, invited guests, existing students and ex-students. Inviting other people to the function without permission is NOT allowed.
- Graduation Rehearsal
The graduation rehearsal is conducted at 3pm on 6 Sept. 2018 (Thursday) at Rinwood Hall, Kingwood Hotel to familiarize youself with the proceedings of the ceremony and the route to ascend and descend from the stage. Smart casual wear is encouraged during the rehearsal.
Prior to Commencement of the Ceremony
Parking spaces are limited. Graduands are advised to arrive at Rinwood Hall by 7:45am to avoid the crowd. There will be a final rehearsal at 8:00am before the official ceremony. Please remember to bring your own attire and take care of your own valuables as MPI is not responsible for any loss incurred.
- Dress Codes
- Graduands: Formal Attire
Please click here for guideline
– Male: Long sleeve shirt and trousers/ slacks and formal shoes
– Female: Blouse/shirt and knee length skirt/ long pants or knee length dress and proper shoes
- Guests: Formal attire or Smart casual
- Graduands: Formal Attire
- Guest Admission into the Hall
Guests are advised to arrive before 8:30am. The ushers will show the guests to their seats. Please DO NOT bring young children as this is a solemn ceremony.
Guests who do not have entrance tickets or who come later than 9:30am will be denied from entering the Hall. They will have to wait outside the Hall until the Ceremony ends.
During the Ceremony
Discipline during the Ceremony
- As Graduation Ceremony is a momentous occasion for everyone, movement in the Hall is restricted to ensure that the ceremony is conducted smoothly and with decorum.
- Graduands must sit according to the seating arrangement during the rehearsal and follow the instruction given. Remain silent and set your handphone/ gadgets to ‘silent mode’ during the official graduation ceremony.
- Guests are to observe the followings rules during the Ceremony:
- Remain silent and set handphones/ gadgets to ‘silent mode’. Guests who make unnecessary or disturbing noises during the ceremony will be asked to leave the Hall by the ushers.
- Keep the flowers/ gifts/ presents with yourselves and do not occupy more than one seat for these items. Ushers will direct guests who are bringing big items to sit at the back of the hall.
- Leaving their seats to take photographs during the ceremony is NOT allowed.
- Giving flowers or gifts to the graduates during the ceremony is NOT allowed.
- Full cooperation is expected from the guests for the smooth running of the ceremony.
Graduands are expected to follow the rules below during the Presentation of Awards:
- Listen to instructions given by ushers and MC
- Walk briskly onto the stage (on the left) when your name is called
- Stop at the spot as indicated
- Shake hands with the Principal before receiving your scroll
- Pause for a moment in order for the authorised photographer to take pictures
- Walk down from the stage (on the right) to return to your seat, following the prescribed route
- Do not stop along the route to receive flowers or gifts from the guests
- If any error is found on the scroll that you receive, please check with the Admin Staff ONLY AFTER the ceremony
After the Ceremony
- MPI Academic Group Photo
Soon after the Graduation Ceremony ends, there will be group photo taking sessions according to the academic department/ programme. Please do not leave your seats. You must follow the instruction given to facilitate smooth photo taking.
- Studio Photography (Optional)
Wang Sen Fa Digital Photo Studio Centre, being appointed as the photographer on the Graduation day, will provide optional photography packages such as individual and family portrait photographs. Two mini studios will be set up at designated area inside the Hall.
Please note that the individual/ family portrait photograph session is prohibited during the Graduation Ceremony. The cost of the optional packages will be borne by the graduands.
- Returning of Graduation Attire & Collection of Transcript/ Certificate
Soon after the graduation ceremony ends, counters will be opened by Admin Staff in front of the Hall until 12:30pm for you to return the graduation attire and to collect academic transcripts and/ or certificate.
You may also return the graduation attire at Admin Office on 8, 12-15 September 2018 during office hours.
A late-fee charge of RM 10 will be imposed if the graduation attire is returned after 15 Sept 2018.
- Refund of Deposit
RM50 Deposit will only be refunded if you return the graduation attire in good condition on the required date and after you have collected single & group photos. You may authorize someone to collect the money on your behalf. Losses and/or damage to any part of the gowns, hoods or mortar boards will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
Last update: 15/8/2018