The Diploma of Social Work programme provides an extensive knowledge covering professional social work theories and methods as well as social work principles, values and ethics. Courses include Psychology, Sociology, Entrepreneurship, Interpersonal and counselling skills. The curriculum is designed based on the National Competency Standards for Social Work Practice (2010).
You will be equipped with social work practices and skills in diverse settings including family and child welfare, disability and elder care, health and mental health. You will also learn how to enhance the social functional of individuals, families, groups, communities and organisations by providing a variety of social interventions and supports through classroom teaching as well as practicum in relevant social agencies.
|Intake||Jan, May, Jul|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Duration of Study||2.5 years|
|Assessments||Examinations, Projects, Assignments|
|Tuition Fee||Malaysian student (RM 16,790) / International Student (RM 20,440)|
- Pengajian Malaysia/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi*
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A** / Effective Communication
- Morals and Ethics
- Social Work Projects
**Malaysian students who do not have a credit in their SPM Bahasa Melayu are compulsory to take this as component of U2, only once.
Our graduates have pursued potential careers in areas such as:
- Assistant Social Welfare Officer
- Assistant Medical Social Worker
- Assistant Community Development Officer
- Child & Family social worker
- Community Service Worker from Churches or other religious organisations
- Social Worker (in NGOs Children Home, Disabled Persons Organisation, Elderly Care Agencies)
- Outreach Worker
- Programme Officer
- Youth Worker
- Community Organiser